- Reduce heat transfer long-term by having six-to-eight-foot trees planted near your home. They can shade your windows now, and in five to ten years they can shade your roof.
- Plant a tree on the west and south sides of your home to help keep your house shaded during the season's hottest temperatures.
- Shade your A/C equipment outside with plant life, and you can increase the efficiency of your A/C equipment by as much as 10 percent.
- Place plants at least three feet away from the outside A/C condensing unit to allow proper airflow and increase the efficiency of your A/C equipment.
- Trim plant life and grass near your A/C equipment or vents to help them run more efficiently and prevent them from getting clogged.
© Reliant Energy Retail Holdings, LLC