- Choose a gas-powered swimming pool over a pool that runs on electricity if given the choice. This will generally cost you about 75 percent less.
- Buy a pump that's the right size for your swimming pool. An incorrectly-sized pump uses more electricity than necessary, which increases your costs. Consult your pool supply company for the pump specifications you need.
- Use an automatic timer on your pool pump to control your electricity usage.
- Avoid running your pool pump 24/7. Calculate the most efficient daily run time for your pool pump to help control electricity usage. You can potentially save by running your pool pump during off-peak hours when you are on the Reliant Degrees of Difference plan.
- Aim for one complete water change every 24 hours. If you have an average-sized pool, filter it four to six hours per day in the summer and three to four hours per day in the winter.
- Clean your pool filter regularly. A clogged filter makes your pool pump work harder and consume more electricity. Perform routine checkups of pool pump motors and other equipment. Scheduled maintenance can help ensure optimum electricity efficiency for your swimming pool.
- Wash your sand, D.E., or cartridge filters monthly for efficient electricity usage. They should also be dismantled and cleaned thoroughly once per year.
- Use a pool cover. According to the U.S. Department of Energy (USDE), using a pool cover can result in substantial cost savings when heating your pool, as the cover reduces evaporation.
- Turn off the heater when the pool will not be used for extended periods of time. The USDE says this will save energy as opposed to running the heater constantly.
Follow these quick tips before you take a dip. Swimming pools are a great way to beat the heat, but can they can cost more than you might think. Regular maintenance on your pool will allow you to swim in savings and lessen the amount of energy you use.
© Reliant Energy Retail Holdings, LLC
Are you one of the many tired of High Window Installation Prices?
Demand Affordable Prices and ye shall receive!
Call for a Free Quote or Request One Here!